This was an amazing soup and one of the best I have ever made. It was to chunky at first but with some straining it became one of my all time favorite soups. I will totally make this soup again, and I hope that you'll give it a try. And I'm telling you that you will be hooked.
- 3 Sweet Italian Peppers
- 4 Large Hierloom Tomatoes
- Few Sprigs Baisle
- 3/4 Cup Cream
- 1/2 cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Large Leeks
- 1Remove tomato core and slice in 1/2, place on a baking sheet and drizzle in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 2Fire roast the peppers over a grill or stove top. Rotate 90 Degrees until all sides are charred. Poke holes in each of the peppers before hand. Place hot peppers in an air tight container for about 10 minutes.
- 3Take peppers and while running under cold water peel the skin from the meat. Remove top and Seeds.
- 4Dice leeks and saute in oil until translucent. Add minced garlic and cook until light golden.
- 5Add tomatoes and peppers to the pot and add cream and broth. Use an immersion blender to blend ingredients until smooth, add basil and season to taste.
- 6Serve hot with crutons, cream and baisle
Sandra StMartin Wurtsmith
21 September, 2016
The flavor of this soup was very good. I really liked the addition of sweet peppers which I've never added to any of my tomato soups, but I will be adding them in the future. :) To make the soup really smooth and creamy, a food processor would be very helpful. Tasty!